Fund for York County Grant Opportunities
The Fund for York County is the foundation’s fund to address the needs of a changing York County. This Fund’s focus areas are: Education, Workforce Development and Downtown or Neighborhood Revitalization.
There are two types of grant programs within the Fund for York County: Competitive and Partnership grants.
Competitive grants are open to any qualified nonprofit interested in pursuing a grant in the Fund’s focus areas. Fund for York County competitive grant awards have a maximum amount of $10,000.
- Grant information sessions: February 3rd, 8:30 AM & February 6th 3:30 PM
- Grant applications due: May 5th by 12 AM
- Grants Distribution Committee meets: August 17th
- YCCF Board of Directors approves grants: September 14th
- Grant awards announced: September 18th
- Grant information sessions are held at YCCF, 14 West Market Street York, PA 17401.
Prospective grant applicants are strongly encouraged to attend a grant information session. Grant information sessions are free, but registration is required. To register for either session, contact Layla Boyce at email@example.com
or by calling 717.848.3733.
Please see 2017 Competitive Grant Information packet for more details on applicant instructions.
In general, large-scale programs designed to address a critical community issue are more likely to be eligible for partnership grant funding, especially if they are developed in partnership with YCCF and designed in partnership with collaborating nonprofits. Partnership grants have the highest bar to get funded and a flexible cap for funds awarded.
Key components of partnership grants
- Larger grant, perhaps requiring longer timeframe and/or multiyear funding.
- Will be broad in scope, e.g., not a single school population but an entire sector. Examples include collaborative programs to reduce the rate of low birthweight babies throughout York City; foster county-wide economic prosperity; address the housing shortage for low-income seniors; or foster economic and community development in Delta.
- Typically, will be a new approach, or will have nonprofits working together in new ways.
- YCCF’s level of engagement will be high throughout process.
Read our eligibility requirements
Click here to access our online grant application system