Grants are awarded to nonprofit organizations. The following is the criteria for a qualifying nonprofit organization:
- Must be classified as a 501(c) (3) public charity under the Internal Revenue Code (this does not apply to government agencies or public school districts). Individuals are not qualified applicants.
- Must be a 501(c) (3) for at least one year.
- Must provide services directly to York County.
- Must have submitted a satisfactory post grant report (if past the deadline) from all previous grants from YCCF before applying for a new grant.
Grants are NOT provided for:
- Endowments, capital campaigns, budget shortfalls, debt retirement or association dues.
- Sectarian religious programs.
- Organizations with discriminatory employment or program practices.
- Any form of direct financial assistance to individuals.
- Reimbursement for programs, programs or items purchased before grant is authorized.