Our new grant program seeks to transform the way our community addresses compelling health issues. With up to $1 million to grant this year, we’re looking to fund programs that address issues to improve the complete physical, mental and social well-being of the residents of York and its surrounding communities.
We highly encourage nonprofit collaboration!
- May 7, 2018 Competitive grant cycle opens
- July 31, 2018 Applications due
- Sept. 14, 2018 Revised applications due
- Nov. 12, 2018 Grant awards announced
The Memorial Health Fund grant program is designed to be flexible. Small grant requests will be considered, as well as those for up to $50,000 for grants with a large scope. Grant applications must address one of the following:
- Improve overall community health
- Provide resources for the restoration and maintenance of health
- Bring high-quality health care services to the greater York area
- Promote general health and wellness of persons in the greater York area
- Promote health education
- Engage in fundraising and related activities or programs
- Engage in other activities directly or indirectly including making grants to other nonprofit organizations to enable them to carry out these activities.
New for 2018, we are introducing one-on-one workshop sessions if you would like to get feedback on your grant idea from Community Foundation grants staff members! Sign up for a 20 minute slot here. The planned dates for these sessions are:
June 4 from 10:00-1:00 and June 15 from 10:00-1:00.
Click here to access our online grant application system
Read our eligibility requirements
About Memorial Health Fund
Previously, MHF was a supporting organization of Memorial Hospital. After Memorial Hospital was bought by Community Health Systems, Memorial Health Fund began to look for a partner to help it carry out its charitable purposes. In 2015, we became a supporting organization of York County Community Foundation.
All grantmaking decisions will be made by the MHF board of directors.
See a list of our 2017 grants here.
Memorial Health Fund Board of Directors
- Chloé R. Eichelberger, Chair
- Michael H. Hady III
- Michelle Hovis
- Matthew Howie, M.D.
- Lori O. Mitrick
- Josette Myers
- Michael Newsome
- Laura Niesen de Abruna, Ph.D.
- John J. Shorb
- Margaret Z. Swartz
- Terry N. York, D.O.